Monday, July 07, 2008

Twenty Four Days, Seventeen Hours

That's how long I have left before my kids come back to me.

And they're my kids. Okay, technically they're her kids too, and I know they love her and she loves them as well, but I have been the constant presence in their life from the moment they came into the world.

And I miss them. I miss them terribly.

That being said, I have to admit it's been nice having some Daddy time.

I had coffee with a potential...um...friend.

I rode my bike from my house down to the Erie Canal, and then another 6 miles along the canal path. I did this with a woman who, while is not a potential friend, is a friend nonetheless.

After work today, I'll be doing the ride again, only I expect to go farther and faster (my friend from yesterday wasn't the fastest pedaler).

On Saturday, I'll go a fourth time, this time with the woman who might be the potential...um...friend.

On Sunday, I'm going to a BBQ-and-Blues shindig that's not too far away from my house, and I'll be going with a lady.

The lady.

The lady I like.

A lot.

Who will also come over to my place Monday night to watch a movie.

Yes, I've got two potential...um...friends. Which is kindasorta making me feel awkward.

But lookit: Both of these relationships are in the potential stage. As much as I think I might like a more intimate relationship with the lady I like a lot, there's a number of issues that need to be worked out. And one thing I'm certain about is that I don't want to lose the friendship with her. I'll sacrifice friendship for friendship.

So I continue apace.

And there's movement on the 'Time to get out there and really do some fulfilling work' department: A project that I thought might be stagnant until this fall could be moving forward, and very quickly. This thing is big enough that it might turn into a full-time job in a hurry.

But, just as in the friend category, it's more potential than possibility. But I remain hopeful. Joyful, even.

But still...

Twenty Four Days, Sixteen Hours and Twenty Minutes.

But who's counting?

yeharr

6 Comments:

Blogger terry said...

you ho!

(i kid, of course. i say, good for you. enjoy. and do keep us posted!)

1:58 AM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

I can definitely relate to the glad they're gone but can't wait for them to come back mood. :)

Multiple potentials.. nothing wrong with that. Who says you will always meet potentials sequentially?

10:15 AM  
Blogger Daniel Hoffmann-Gill said...

I've just blogged in an oblique fashion on the joy of kids.

I miss mine and I don't even have any...

10:37 AM  
Blogger cadbury_vw said...

it's all sounding good to me

when kids are around it shapes your whole life to their needs and wants

it's good that you are having some time that is about your wants and needs

two potential friends...

you rock

12:52 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

you are juggling, sir
and as long as you do it with panache, that is just fine

12:41 PM  
Blogger terry said...

it's so wrong of you to leave us hanging here with no updates...

unless, of course, you're simply having too much fun to blog. that's acceptable.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home